Pages

Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving, making a profit and hard cider!!


Thanksgiving in our home is such a wonderful time for family, being mindful of that which we have and are thankful for, and glorious food!!  Over time, our family has evolved and it takes on a new flare every year, this one no different, as some that have always been around our table were celebrating with other loved ones.  This is a bit hard for our hearts, but life does change and we are grateful for those who can come and celebrate at our home!!  

This year, I decided to make decorations I found on Pinterest, you know, those things you pin then they stay in that neat little folder....well, I started with come cute turkey pops.  Very time consuming, but soooo cute and the kids LOVED them!!



I love setting a pretty table.  
Because we sold our dining room furniture before we moved, I was down to using two folding tables and some random chairs.  But, even with that, it was fun creating a nice place to sit.  Thanks again to a few Pinterest ideas, I think it came out pretty nice, and the little kids loved their coloring mats!


Because we didn't have as many here this year, our food table was a bit smaller, 
but OH SO GOOD!
I love the all the food that each one of the families prepare and bring.  
I need to explain about the title!! 
1. When I opened the turkey to get it ready to stuff, I thought I was going to vomit.  IT HAD GONE BAD, REAL BAD!
So off to the store my husband went, returned the turkey, found another one at another store,
 and netted a $35 profit!
This is what you get when Hanakkuah falls on Thanksgiving, a real blessing!!
2. After about half way through the meal, someone asked why the apple cider tasted so weird.  Yup, it was hard,
 and all the kids had that for their drink.  Oh boy!!  

Thanksgiving is my husbands favorite holiday.  He loves the time spent with his most cherished gifts, his family.  


 Our youngest child who still lives at home always makes us laugh and is such a fun person to be around. We are grateful for him!


My List of Gratitudes 
and some of the ones that make us smile!!  



Happy Hanukkah
We ended the night with the lighting of the second Hanukkah candle.  Our grandkids love hearing the story and being able to partake in lighting a candle.  


No comments:

Post a Comment