Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Strolling in the Sweet Sunshine

I love the mornings...especially those that hold quietness, no tv, music, not even the ticking of our clock.  Just stillness and a cup of tea.  Now that the mornings are cooler, with windows open, the only sound today are that of pretty little birds singing their morning song.  Ahhh... it's so peaceful,  I needed this.

But now my thoughts run wild as I sit to write. So much has happened over this past year, it's hard to even comprehend.  We've seen so much tragedy, so much heartache, pain, faced amazing challenges, but yet through it all, there has been strength, hope and a grace upon it all that only can come from, what I most certainly know, is a deep faith and trust in God.  


Life definitely can be hard, but we have had some really great bright spots too, and we're so very grateful for those!!  The marriage of our daughter...then a verrrrry short time later, the announcement that they are expecting!  That's enough to wipe all the memories of the challenges away!!

How cute is our daughter with her
little pooch!! :)

September holds so much 
for our family! 
Birthdays, anniversaries, 
back to school, football.
Kirra's birthday with her
cousin Bella giving hugs...
Such sweet girls!

And now onto this new season!  Fall is fast
approaching, and so is this next chapter in our life.  WE'RE MOVING AGAIN!!!  Yup, only after having just moved into this house a year ago. Makes me soooo tired just thinking about it, but I'm so very excited!  (and our clock is packed away, thus the "no ticking")  Anyway, we found a cute, smaller house in Cornelius, the town we moved from last year.  And it's yellow!  I've always wanted to live in a yellow house.  Here's a sneak peak of one of the little things that make me happy about this place.  A unique green front door!!  And I can't wait to share some more pics of the cute and cozy backyard with the raised garden and with one day, some strung up outdoor party lights, & of the built-in sitting area in the foyer.  I'm happy, and feel this move is going to be the start of a new and waaaay better chapter in our life, and that's a really good thing!
How awesome is that front door?!?

....aaaand, I can't believe this, but I'm almost 50.  This still is shocking to me.  I'm sure that I'll designate a whole post to this momentous occasion, on feelings, reflections, shock and that sort of thing.  And I think "shock" is probably what will be the theme! But, I love big birthdays, for they start early!  My mom is the best for NOT being able to save a gift.  Thanks to her and my new kicks, the song "New Shoes" by Paolo Nutini, runs through my head! 
 

And if you haven't heard it...well here ya go!  I'll put a smile on your face!!  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1deZbUOzTQQ




Happy Tuesday morning lovely people!! I hope you have a day filled with unexpected goodness!!


No comments:

Post a Comment