Pages

Monday, June 29, 2015

Sometimes Friends Wine



A good number of my 50 years on this earth I have been a wife and a mom raising kids.  I've loved my life, the family I have and what I've been blessed with, but like all roles in life, it's changed.  Since my youngest of five children is almost 20 years old and the last one at home, I am more free now to find out who I am, apart from preparing school lunches, making sure curfew is kept and so on.  On one hand, this has taken some getting used to, almost like my purpose has disappeared. At times, I felt like I've been wandering, not sure how to act, what to do, or what this time was to look like.  But on the other hand, it's exciting!  I have time, well, besides still being a wife, a mom to adult kids, and a nana to a plethora of awesome grandkids...time to let this road take me where it wants to go.  

During this new season, God brought an amazing gift into my life, 
the gift of three amazing and FUN ladies. 



Their lives have been entwined for years, I'm the new one to the group, so coming in was somewhat intimidating and a bit out of my comfort zone. But with it beautifully unfolding, due to us being honest, real (yes, we do whine sometimes!), and full of the love of Jesus,  I've fallen into a rhythm and feel I can share my heart and life with them, something of which, I see how I've 
really needed.  


We love to spend time together so we make it a point to be intentional about it. Since I'm a free spirit, a go-with-the-flow kind of a girl, this has been stretching for me. We decided that once a month, we plan an outing or get together somewhere and make it a special one if there's a birthday to be celebrated. It's been dinner at one of our homes, music on the town's green, a little evening at a favorite tap house or a downtown art crawl. A few months ago, we took a trip to the beach, and particular this time, a sweet little vineyard and winery in Hendersonville.  




Birthdays are special, 
especially when they're your dear friend's. 
This one, she's brought sunshine and laughter into my life!! 
Loud music in the car,  spontanious dancing, meaningful chats and joy we share. 
Happy Birthday!!



The wine was delicious, the music heard and folks we met were a delight, but the memories made and that are strengthening our cords are what made this day so special.  I really cherish these times, and feel that God has given me something very beautiful.  


  

Here's the link to the vineyard we visited. Ask for Mary!  She's an fun and amazing sommelier!

No comments:

Post a Comment