Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

10 Years in Heaven

I still remember that day, cold like today, a chill wrapped around our hearts.  It was the day that our family would have to say good-bye to a little life that was so beautiful, perfect to us, and here on this earth for only three very short weeks.

I never want to forget, although as the years seemed to have flown by, I feel I have in so many ways.  And this, I  don't like.  I want to remember every detail about the abbreviated time we had with her, all the hopefulness, the visitors, that smell of the hand soap which was the only thing we could bring home those grueling weeks, the few times she opened her eyes, the joy of just being with her.  The memories, waned.  

During those numb days that followed her memorial service and burial, I wrote a book, which I am so extremely grateful for, as on this 10th anniversary of her passing on to Heaven, I can read it, and remember.  I know God prompted me and gave me the strength to put together this memory book, even though at the time it was so extremely hard, yet so healing, all in the same weighty breath. Tears would fall, then a smile.  It was so bittersweet. Now, today, as I re-read it again, those same elements are present, tears, a smile.



The beginning and the end, with a couple of my most favorite pages. I hope you can feel the love, the hope, my heart, as you read my penned words. And her face, that little, 
chubby cheeked face. 
 Oh how I wish I could have kissed it...
just one more time.

The years have gone by, so many, many changes, trials, triumphs.  We've had joyous marriages, delighted as new little ones were added to our family, we've had loss of dreams and forever vows. There is nothing though, that even comes close, to have lost a child, or in this case, our granddaughter.   Yes, it was unbearable, yet in the heart raging storm, we had a hope, a peace, a deep down knowing that God was with us.  He kept us and wrapped his warm loving self all around us. 

So today, on this bitterly cold, seemingly sad day, we still feel that warmth from Him, knowing we will see this beautiful angel again.  
That's divine hope.  That's true love. 

Dedicated to you 
my Sophie girl
 

Sophia Elizabeth Stein

Born on January 21, 2006

Flew up to Heaven on 
February 10, 2006


No comments:

Post a Comment